Re: visualizing; mixing D-76

From: Sandy King (sanking@CLEMSON.EDU)
Date: 12/16/02-10:07:12 AM Z

Judy Seigel wrote:

>Meanwhile, I note that Sandy and others are mentioning pH -- how are
>you/they measuring it? I found the strips (hyperion? or like that)
>unsatisfactory, not precise, aged quickly, etc. Bought a digital poker
>type instrument, but it was worse, inconsistent, slow & generally wiggy.
>Is there anything short of major outlay that works well?
>
>J.

I am measuring with a digital probe. But I have also found that the
results from these instruments to be somewhat inconsistent and
difficult to keep calibrated. However I finally found one that has
worked well for about 3-4 years now and is still giving consistent
results. And the good part is that it has a replaceable probe so that
if it ever goes bad, which is likely I a am lead to believe, it can
be replaced.

Sandy