Re: Long Lenses, Landscapes and Kudzu

From: Dave Rose (cactuscowboy@attbi.com)
Date: 12/17/02-08:33:05 AM Z

Using the 105mm lens on my Nikon and the 14" Artar lens on my 4x5, I've shot
countless hundreds of 'telephoto landscape' pictures. I've acheived some
very interesting results by exploiting the telephoto's unique qualities -
shallow depth of field at wide aperatures, flattened perspective, etc....

Sometimes a long lens is the only way to get the shot. For example, an
Indian rock art panel lies 30' (10 meters) above ground level. Step back,
put on the long lens, use rise and tilts to correct distortion, and create a
great photograph.

Best regards,
Cactus Cowboy
Big Wonderful Wyoming