giacomelli

From: Shannon Stoney (shannonstoney@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/17/02-09:41:50 PM Z

Katherine wrote:

> By the way, leafing through the Giacomelli book I came across a picture
> that I wished I could upload to the list. Most of the picture is
> occupied by the side of a cow, walking; its head is cropped out of the
> picture. In the background is a clothesline with clothes hanging on it,
> and there are some heads of people looking over the cow's back; the
> whole thing is compressed into a very shallow plane. It would be a
> perfect illustration to summarize this whole discussion.

Gosh, that sounds like the very kind of thing that happens all the time in
my neighborhood, but that I am rarely ready to photograph when it happens!
To me the ideal picture has a clothesline, a cow, a wheelbarrow, some
people, a falling down shed, a hosepipe, a dog, a truck, and some cans in
it. There's this one yard in my neighborhood that almost always has three
quarters of these things in it at any one time.

I'll have to look up this Giacomelli guy.

--shannon