Re: Your kidding, right? Re: Tele landscape

From: S Wang (stwang@direcTVinternet.com)
Date: 12/17/02-07:16:55 PM Z

At 2:23 PM -0800 12/17/02, Shannon Stoney wrote:
>Katherine wrote:
>
> One interim solution I've come up with
>> is to fix a pinhole to a lensboard and stretch the bellows out as far as
>> it will go, which is around 30".
>
>That's interesting. So, in effect that makes a pinhole telephoto aperture?
>
>--shannon

No, Shannon. Not a telephoto. Just a long lens. A telephoto lens of
30" focal length will physically measure maybe just 10".

If you load your 8x10 holder with a piece of 35mm film and put it
behind your 12" lens, you'll get a narrow field of view, but the 12"
lens would not have transformed into a telephoto lens.

Sam Wang