Re: Just how does one see DIFFERENT

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 12/20/02-11:45:02 PM Z

Judy,

Unfortunately, except for unsharp masking, which gives the appearance of a
"sharper image", there is no way to take a single standard 35 mm image and
give it the effect of pinhole—the infinite focus, so to speak. However, you
can do things like vignette and image and do selective focus... even in 16
bit. This might be used to simulate a plastic camera look... I think part of
the answer is studying the characteristics of the images you desire to create
and then seeing what features of Photoshop might be used effectively to
emulate them. If that is what you want to do. Usually I am going the other
way with Photoshop, trying to keep the image as much as possible what I would
do in the wet darkroom... not that I think it is more "correct", it's just
what I like to do.

OH, I made a mistake, which Sam Wang kindly pointed out to me. It's a pin
hole BODY cap that you can get from Calumet for different 35 mm cameras.

Mark Nelson