Re: Definition- landscape arguement continued

From: S Wang (stwang@direcTVinternet.com)
Date: 12/21/02-12:09:39 PM Z

>> Sounds very much like a description of what I like. Maybe it's the
>> South. Check this out. Not the best reproduction, but:
> > http://nantahalareview.org/
>
>Cool. Are these pinhole pictures or lens photographs?
>
>--shannon

Though I do pinhole, mainly zone plates, none of these are - you'll
never get the sharpness like these with pinhole. The basis is simply
to use the entire lens coverage for the picture, instead of just a
small rectangular section of it. So the dark edges are where the lens
images start to fall off.

To use the whole image area that the lens gives me also helps foster
a feeling that's like saying, "See, here's something I found. No
editing was necessary. You can too if you simply sharpen your vision,
instead of spending more money to buy a solution." Of course that's
in a sense a lie: the specific location of tripod, camera angle, film
choice and exposure/development, etc., were all highly subjective.

Sam