Re: a new history of photo

From: Darryl Baird (dbaird@umflint.edu)
Date: 12/21/02-11:49:15 AM Z

The reason you've not seen these images is due to the American dominance
in the field. Frizot chose to look further, at least including all of
Europe and other parts of the world, to create a "history" of photography.

In graduate school I was overwhelmed when studying the contemporary and
earlier modern art history of Europe -- Christian Boltanski, Gerhard
Richter, S. Polke, Luciano Fontana, Sophie Calle, etc. etc. IMHO, a
great deal of incredible art is overshadowed or overlooked by
nationalistic boundaries.

-Darryl