RE: CIRCLE PHOTOS

From: Jeff Buck (jeffbuck@swcp.com)
Date: 12/21/02-04:23:45 PM Z

Terri and Others: What K describes here is what I (and others) also do. I
have a 90mm Angulon (NOT super angulon: too much coverage) on a Hobo
8x10. By coincidence, I'm printing one of these negatives today. I have a
Series VII aluminum filter holder/adapter (on the front). BTW, you need to
paint or magic-marker the alum ring black or else you get an annoying flare
problem. The only constraint on using a conventional 8x10 camera (as far
as I know) is that 90mm is such a short focal length; because of bellows,
can't get film and lens planes that close together). This lens/format etc.
combo is a lot of fun. No focusing to talk about; stopped down to f22
results in a DOF from like a couple feet to infinity or something
similar. No movements. Usually don't use a tripod; just lean against
something, etc. Not pointandshoot, but about as close as you'll get w/ an
8x10 camera. The circular format is real liberating. Solves a fair number
of framing problems that can drive you buggy w/ a rectangle. -jb