RE: cheese and the moon. Re: Definition- landscape arguement continued

From: Kerik Kouklis (Kerik@Kerik.com)
Date: 12/21/02-05:12:52 PM Z

Blah, blah, blah...

What difference does it make? Why do you find it so important to pigeonhole
and categorize, then criticize if someone's classifiction is different than
yours??

Luckily, there's no rule book that we have to follow...

Landscape photographer, portrait photographer, street shooter, still lifes -
these are all just general terms to describe what someone does. What
matters is what you see when you look at the work, then all the labels
become unimportant and amibiguous and of little value.

I know lots of people who consider themselves 'landscape photographers'.
None of them because they belong to a cult, are trying to increase the value
of their work, or are trying to somehow 'fit in'. It's just a simple term to
give someone a general idea of what they do.

Labels are so.... superficial.

Kerik
Grand Dagor of the Cult of the Landscape