Re: did you get a nice book for Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa?

From: Philip willarney (pwillarney@yahoo.com)
Date: 12/27/02-10:44:54 PM Z

--- Shannon Stoney <shannonstoney@earthlink.net>
wrote:
> Before the winter holiday we were talking about some
> books that it would be
> nice to receive for a present. I wonder what books
> people got that they
> like and would recommend?
..snip..
well, I got gifted books on how to repair speed
graphic and graflex cameras (the better to take those
nice big -- sorry, in this group, medium format -- 4x5
negatives to print from. Maybe not of general
interest?

I didn't get this, but I've given away a couple of
copies of "The Photo Book" by Ian Jeffrey ISBN:
0714836346 Phaidon Press, November 1997. It's a
decent attempt to survey important photographers over
the history of the medium, and is a great page
flipper. It is available (last time I checked) in an
inexpensive small paperback and a larger coffetable
size. Good gift for a young/learning photographer, I
think...

-- pw