did you get a nice book for Christmas, Hanukkah or Kwanzaa?

From: Shannon Stoney (shannonstoney@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/27/02-09:49:13 PM Z

Before the winter holiday we were talking about some books that it would be
nice to receive for a present. I wonder what books people got that they
like and would recommend? I got a very nice one called The Book of 101
Books: The Seminal Photographic Books of the 20th Century. I haven't read
it cover to cover yet, but I looked through it. It begins with Edward
Curtis's The North American Indian, and runs through Camera Work, many
European books I had never heard of, Robert Frank's The Americans and on up
to our own time. For each book there are a few images. Most of the
reproductions are rather small, but the text about how each book came to be
is very interesting. There is a huge variety of formats for the
"photographic book." Some contain drawings, maps, a little text or a lot.
 YOu could use this book to teach yourself a great deal about the history
of photography, by going to the library and looking for each book mentioned.
YOu could also use it to start a wonderful collection of books of your own.

--shannon