Re: The lives they lived

From: Michael Healy (mjhealy@kcnet.com)
Date: 12/30/02-08:44:20 AM Z

----- Original Message -----
From: "Judy Seigel" <jseigel@panix.com>
To: <alt-photo-process-l@skyway.usask.ca>
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 1:59 AM
Subject: The lives they lived

But look some more. Figures in the text show that the oldest of the women
is 39 years old, the others appear much younger.

The men range to all ages, two are at least in their 80s. (But in truth,
women over 40 are simply not seen in the media, or advertising, only with
very rare exceptions outside of ads for adult diapers.)

Three of the women, Eileen Farrell, Peggy Lee and Linda Lovelace (of "Deep
Throat" fame) were "entertainers".

===> Judy, what are you TALKING about?! Peggy Lee was 39 for at least 30
years. The rest was done with Photoshop 5.5. But you're right, women over 40
are NEVER seen in the media, EVER. It's the law. OTOH, I statistics indicate
that 68% of all American women are 39. In fact, a good many of these
actually do appear in the media, Judy, all the time, and fully clothed. Look
more closely. How about the lady running H-P. She's in the Times, just not
the entertainment section where you keep checking. Oh, and puh-LEASE don't
forget Martha. While it's true that we haven't seen a lot of her lately, I
don't think 39 has a thing to do with it.

Mike