Re: The lives they lived

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 12/31/02-03:00:27 AM Z

> ===> Judy, what are you TALKING about?! Peggy Lee was 39 for at least 30
> years. The rest was done with Photoshop 5.5. But you're right, women over 40
> are NEVER seen in the media, EVER. It's the law. OTOH, I statistics indicate
> that 68% of all American women are 39. In fact, a good many of these
> actually do appear in the media, Judy, all the time, and fully clothed. Look
> more closely. How about the lady running H-P. She's in the Times, just not
> the entertainment section where you keep checking. Oh, and puh-LEASE don't

Ha HA. My point was that 3 of the 5 women chosen for the NY Times
magazine feature were entertainers -- "scantily clad" ones. In the daily
paper, the FIRST section is, with the business section, the one where they
have clothes on.

The photographs were dated. I subtracted the date of Peggy Lee's birth
from the date of her photograph. 39.

Today's first section of the Times (or yesterday's, Monday's) had
just 3 identified women, "Jewell," WIFE of Andrew J. Whittaker, Maggie,
WIFE of Richard M.Daley, and finally on page 12, Elizabeth Dole (WIFE of
Bob Dole).

The front page had no woman's byline.

So what if a woman, Condi, or HP or other, appears on occasion? Today's
first section had between 30 & 40 pictures of men -- not counting the
group shots.

J.