Re: Papers for Platinum Printing

From: Linas Kudzma (lkudzma@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/31/02-02:18:45 AM Z

Sandy,
  My current favorite is Lenox. Nice slightly textured surface, shows fine
details, coats easily and clears rapidly in warm citric acid solution. Lenox
gives slightly higher contrast than Cranes Cover.

Until very recently, Cranes Cover Natural White Wove was my standard.
However, my most recent batch from Cranes was clearly a different paper.
Very disappointing! This latest batch is identically smooth on both sides
(not the case before) and prints with consideraly higher contrast and longer
print times than 4 other lots I've bought.

Linas Kudzma