Re: technique vs imagery; depth of field question; "tipped in"?

From: Carl Weese (cweese@earthlink.net)
Date: 12/31/02-02:53:43 PM Z

Shannon,

Most large format lenses are optimised for f/22. Lens performance
deteriorates due to diffraction at very small apertures. In practice,
especially if you are making contact prints, you won't notice the loss, but
on close examination you'll find that there's more definition at f/22 than
f/64, provided the subject is within depth of field at 22.---Carl

--
        web site with picture galleries
        and workshop information at: