Re: Ferric Oxalate

From: Eric Neilsen (e.neilsen@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 02/05/02-01:17:47 AM Z

There was much discussion at the time about this finding. From my
recollection, it was derived based on B&S ferric oxalate powder that had
been prepared to the liquid state and then altered additionally with "extra"
ingredients. Some of the discussion was based on the Sp Gr of ferric
oxalate. I can not reflect on that attempt as I have been making my own
since 1993. There should be no down side that I recall from adding either
of the two components mentioned. The oxalic acid is one of the components
that I use to make it and has been written up early text as a offering
preservative properties. Some time back I did find that an early batch of
ferric oxalate did precipitate a hard white substance after an addition of
EDTA tetra sodium for which Richard had no insight. I removed it and
continued to use it with no problem.

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9