Re: Ammonium Ferric Oxalate

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias (jeffrey.d.mathias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 02/05/02-04:14:28 PM Z

Don Bryant wrote:
> So if Ferric Oxalate can benefit by the addition of EDTA to augment
> print clearing, could there be a similar benefit for adding EDTA
> to AFO for print clearing when Ziatype printing. I find print
> clearing sometimes very difficult for ziatypes made with cesium
> chloropallidite.

I have not tried the cesium salt, but have found POP AFO prints to clear
rather easily and in, at most, half the time as their DOP FO
counterparts and without the need for the EDTA additive for a variety of
papers. So to answer your question, I believe any benefit would be
less. You may consider trying some different clearing agents when using
the cesium palladium salt.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/