Apologies and autochrome

From: Jean-Paul Gandolfo (jpgalt@infonie.fr)
Date: 02/18/02-03:17:19 AM Z

Dear list people

Yesterday evening, I was back to my e-mail box after a long absence. Still
on line with the list, my box was obviously full and I admit my
responsability to be too hurry to finish the job.
Sorry for this keyboard error. These files were in my sending box for a long
time and it is just the result of a wrong command in Outlook, no more.
(name, postal address, phone number and e-mail, in the lower part of my
wrong messages were exact ...).
I saw my error on the computer screen, but even my old Apple Power Mac was
to fast to catch again the bytes scattering in the cyberspace.
I am a three years old suscriber to the list. In the past, I have sent
topics about "unconventional alternative processes" like Bayard process,
Orotone, Le Gray waxed process or autochrome.
A recent thread was dealing with this last process. With my friend Bertrand
Lavedrine (CRCDG Paris), we are working for the centenary of the process
(first french patent december 1903). We hope to show the last still existing
crushing machine used by Lumiere brother to crush potatoe starches
(restoration in progress)
We wrote a paper, translated in english, for History of Photography.
Perhaps, it could interest somebody.

Lavedrine Bertrand, Gandolfo Jean-Paul, The Autochrome process. From concept
to prototype, History of Photography, Summer 1994, p 120-128.

Best regards from Paris.

--
Jean-Paul GANDOLFO
ENS Louis LUMIERE