The Temperaprint Fellowship

From: pete (temperaprint@blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 02/24/02-11:57:15 AM Z

Temperaprint fellowship a time for change.

Early in 1998 I set up with the help of my Brother in Temperaprint Alex
Chater. A small school of Temperaprint at Jane Reeces Nautilus Press and
Paper Mill in central London.
Jane an American lady who has lived in the UK for a number of years and is
also an expert in paper making and book art. Her establishment proved Ideal
for our little adventure.
This workshop was created by demands from my Ex- Kingsway College students
who wished to continue the development of their skills in this area, under
my personal tuition, as at that time Kingsway College no longer supplied a
course.

My Ex- Kingsway students were soon joined by others who also wished to gain
information and skill. So we formed a tight little group of about eight to
twelve Egg printmaking fanatics. Who soon became close friends. One member
of the group was Barbara Maloney, another American lady,who proved to be a
real driving force, instigating a programme of personal and group
exhibitions that we are only now just getting over. Barbarašs driving force
is still with us, although sadly she has had to return to the States. During
this time we used the school as a test bed, to improve and evolve the
process which is like a mini photo/alt in its own right.

Over the past few years due to senility, allied to a dissolute life style I
have been suffering mobility problems. The drag from Southend-on-Sea to
London once a month has become a bit too much for me. Alex has also a heavy
professional life with increasing commitments. So we decided that enough was
enough, although we were both loath to give up. However our students were
not having any of it.
So recently we all had a council of war, and decided to continue
electronically And create The Temperaprint fellowship.

At the moment the planning is at the informal stage so we welcome any
suggestions from the list. We do have some ideas onboard
Which are as follows: --

An umbrella organisation in the form of a website which contains of the
following elements. A place to ask questions about egg Temperaprint and
share practical experiences with others members. A forum for those who are
new to the medium and require some basic Instruction and to this end they
will have free entry to the following: --

An electronic members gallery.

A memberšs annual exhibition to be held at a different venue each year.
Organised and directed by Helena Cleary.

Members of the Fellowship acting as commercial suppliers of relevant
equipment and materials
Provision of cost effective Inkjet digital negatives and positives and
Quality stochastic photosetting suitable for the process.

Pre-publication Access to the Book of Temperaprint written and published by
Peter Fredrick in collaboration with Alex Chater.

An electronic school of Temperaprint conducted by Peter Fredrick assisted by
Alex Chater, and Dennis Klinker.

 A bibliographic resource curated by Dennis Klinker our bibliographer
extraordinary.

Access to the Peter Charles Fredrick Temperaprint Archive owned and directed
by my son Steven Fredrick.

As a start we would like to offer members of the list an opportunity to
download the first draft of the Fundamentals of the Temperaprint process as
an attachment. This new version has been radically reworked by Alex Chater
and Peter Fredrick and contains the latest information.

Could you please make your requests off list.

Pete.