Re: fractal

FDanB@aol.com
Date: 02/27/02-01:34:21 PM Z

>From my experience, the only answer to the question as to whether Genuine
Fractals is worth the money is...it depends.

Though I don't doubt the word of other experienced photographers who see
no benefit with Genuine Fractals (or get better results with free
Photoshop Actions such as the Stair Interpolation), in the tests I run
with MY IMAGES (and this variable is most important), Genuine Fractals
generates an interpolated image that maintains more photographic
integrity than that from other methods. By this I mean that the upsampled
image has more natural and defined detail definition than either
Photoshop's Bicubic method or incremental interpolation like that from
the Stair action.

I just ran another test on a virgin digital camera image (the kind I make
more and more as film fades from my photographic life) and once again, I
can sure see the benefit of Genuine Fractals when compared to other
methods. But this isn't the same as saying Genuine Fractals will satisfy
other users. Hence...

The best approach would be to download a demo version of Genuine Fractals
and the free Stair Photoshop action and run a own comparison with YOUR
images. Then you'll know whether you need to spend extra money or can
live with the free options available.

Just my two cents.

Dan

www.danburkholder.com