latentsification by Mr. D.

From: ken watson (watsok@frii.com)
Date: 01/01/02-02:04:32 PM Z

This was asked several weeks ago but I did come across a reference while
researching another topic. Apparently Latensification is possible by
exposing the glass plate ( now film ) to Mercury vapors. There was a comment
that this may not work with chemical sensitization. Chemical sensitization
is common today, but I suspect we do it differently than around 1953.

I wonder if this would help my scanned image's if I exposed my hard drive to
mercury vapors ;<)?

This comment came out of the Journal of Photographic Science, Vol 1, 1953.

There also seemed to be a lot of processes that used Uranium in the past.
Anyone using this metal today? Do you get it from a local power plant?
..