Pyrocat HD - metol vs phenidone

From: Linas Kudzma (lkudzma@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/01/02-03:40:53 PM Z

Sandy,
  The metol formulation I use (pieced together from info on
unblinkingeye.com) contains considerably less metol (not 10x the phenidone
amount) than what you state below. The formulas on the unblinkingeye site
give 0.2 g phenidone or 0.25 g metol per 100 mL of the respective solution
A.

Is there a typo somewhere or have you increased the amount of metol you
recommend. I don't have your original Postfactory article. My solution A
with 0.25 g metol per 100 mL of solution A works fine. I'm assuming that
the catechol continually regenerates oxidized metol in the usual
"superadditive" manner.

Linas