RE: John Dugdale

From: Don Bryant (dsbryant@telocity.com)
Date: 01/13/02-08:44:09 AM Z

Judy,

>> ...Does anyone know if Dugdale does his own
>> printing? Does anyone have any details about his cyanotype prints?

>He prints his own cyanotypes with an assistant (being legally blind as
you may know, so needs help coating, etc.) and as described in my P-F #5
article, "John Dugdale, as chance would have it, the boy >next door..."

Thanks Judy, I have that issue of Post Factory only it is packed away
for a while so I couldn't refer to the article again. I knew you would
be almost sure to reply. Thanks for coming through for me.

While viewing the prints I suspected that he may be double coating with
the traditional cyanotype formula since they were not as contrasty in
the highlight areas as I might expect; similar in some ways to the
appearance of Ware formula prints, at least for me. I haven't double
coated with the TC formula, I'll want to try that.

>He also printed a couple of shows of very beautiful toned cyanotypes,
the formula in that issue as well, starting with the sodium carb, then
in the tannic.

Looks like may need to fish that issue out of storage now.

Cheers,

Don