Re: Papers

jeffbuck@swcp.com
Date: 01/14/02-04:45:18 PM Z

I forget exactly, but it's a simple "dunking" procedure described by Stewart
Melvin in his cover article about gum-over printing in a View Camera Magazine
two or three issues ago. I've only made one print from the stuff (at a
tutorial w/ Stewart), but it was good. I believe all those prints of
Stewart's reproduced in that View Camera (cover of adobe church, couple
landscapes, cars of old passenger train) were done on BFK. 'Course, because
they're magazine reproductions, you don't get the effect of BFK's quite
textured surface. One would think BFK would be well recommended for images w/
large plainish surfaces, but just thinking out loud here.... -jeff