Re: Papers

jeffbuck@swcp.com
Date: 01/15/02-01:18:48 PM Z

Double coating is coating once in the usual manner, drying in the usual
manner, and then coating again in the usual manner. The autorities say you
can cut back a bit from the norm in the volume of solution for each of the two
coats (example: Normal is 22 drops total; coat one is 18 drops, coat two is 18
drops). Sullivan & Weese and Arentz both are skeptical that double coating
actually helps. Some say it improves dmax and maybe offers one or two other
advantages. Arentz allows that it may help with some specific papers, but he
does not discuss BFK. -jeff buckels