Re: Papers

From: clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 01/15/02-01:38:53 PM Z

Double coating in my parlance means putting a complete coat by whatever
method you use, rod or brush, letting it dry, and then coating again with
another load of metal and sensitizer. Some people will cut the second coat
with 33-50% distilled water to save on chemicals. I will do this sometimes
on a print where I really want just a little more contrast and depth to the
blacks. On platine, it also seems to warm the tone a little.

Lenox is nice stuff. Just a little more texture than Platine and little
warmer paper base. It behaves nicely and coats well.

Clay