Also Doubletake Re: Jerry Spagnoli dags

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 01/16/02-06:09:32 PM Z

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Phillip Murphy wrote:

> The daguerreotype that appears as the last image in Doubletake
> magazine's special edition of the events of 9/11 is a full plate that
> was one of three that Jerry made that morning from his rooftop. His

Which issue of Doubletake is that? I've heard about it -- and would you
BELIEVE that the magazine is NOT for sale in my neighborhood? My branch
librarian looked it up (she never heard of it!) and informs me it's only
available at main library ! (Whether that's a sign of our provinciallism
or our sophisticated taste, I leave to personal choice.)

Guess I should add that when I say I've heard about it -- I mean about
that issue. I'd actually bought first 4 issues & was .... not whelmed
enough to add so many pages to my monthly ration, which is already over
the top... Is it too off topic to ask generally how it's gotten? Is this
feature an exception... or do folks feel it's perhaps, um, keener? (My
objection was articles went on and on and you never got the point... or
took too long about it &/or too diffuse -- or so it seemed to me.)

As for the exposure time --- hmmmm... Was told to me with such
explicitness, can't help wonder if someone is pulling a Stieglitz on us.
Or maybe, there were different versions, with different cameras/lenses?

Whatever, thanks for the info. If I ever get uptown again DT is at top of
the list...

Judy