Re: Papers

From: Linas Kudzma (lkudzma@earthlink.net)
Date: 01/16/02-08:20:40 PM Z

Witho,
  I have not done extensive tests, but I have done some, and can say with
absolute certainty that the so called NA2 platinum (Na2PtCl6) available
from B&S raises contrast considerably more that "normal" platinum. In a
test with 1:1 ratios of Pd/Pt, with each type of platinum, the so called
"NA2" complex gave a 3-4 step compresion of the scale when printing a
stouffer step tablet.

The chemical explanation offered in the technical paper at the B&S site
makes perfect sense to me. It takes twice the amount of ferrous oxalate to
reduce the Pt(IV) of the "NA2" complex to metalic platinum Pt(0). The
Pt(IV) complex uses up the available ferrous oxalate rapidly in areas of
lower exposure, and this compreses the scale.

Linas

by

> adding just the 'normal' platinum solution to the palladium.

> Witho

have

> > had

> > > no problems hanging it (platine) all night in the dark but will listen

> and

> > > am willing to change to prevent upcoming difficulties that others have

> > > experienced.

> > > Wendy (TX)

being

> using