Re: Does anyone know anything about...CHEM CO?

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 01/19/02-10:49:32 AM Z

At 04:10 AM 01/19/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>(Sorry about the double submission...my mistake)
>
>Does anyone know anything about...
>
>1.
>a company called CHEM CO or CHEMCO?... I have seen a
>reference to an emulsion made for them but have never
>heard of such a company... finger-surfing with my
>keyboard took me to India and San Francisco, but
>nothing about Photographic emulsions... Any info, any
>one? The emulsion was called Photostat Emulsion...
>Anyone know anything about this?
>
>2.
>Transcopy Paper?
>
>3.
>Reflex papers?

  Special paper for reflex copying. Reflex copying is done by light
transmitted through the copy paper and reflected by the original. Special
paper was made for this method, essentially thin, high contrast, paper of
contact printing speed. Reflex copying can be done with ordinary printing
paper but the special stuff was more satisfactory. It was one of many
document copying methods supplanted by Xerox machines.

>4.
>The difference between the terms "lantern plate" and
>"transparency"...?

  None. The term lantern plates or slides usually applies to positive images
 for projection which are larger than 35mm.
  The term "transparency" is most often applied to a positive which is
viewed directly rather than by projection, but its not a rigid term.

>Fritz

>Gesendet von Yahoo! Mail - http://mail.yahoo.de
>Ihre E-Mail noch individueller? - http://domains.yahoo.de

----