Argyrotype question

From: clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 01/22/02-09:52:29 PM Z

List folks:

On a lark,I recently mixed up a batch of Ware's argyrotype sensitizer. My
thought was that it might make a quick (and cheap) way of proofing my larger
and more costly potential platinum/palladium negs. My first couple of
attempts looked fine, but just a little .. weak .. Does anyone out there in
alt-photo-land know if double coating will improve the depth of tone (Dmax)
at all?

As an aside, this process is super-easy and quick. And seems to like the
same negatives that print well in pt/pd, i.e. DR of 1.7-1.9.

Clay