HTML formatting in Outlook Express

From: Jack Fulton (jfulton@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: 01/25/02-10:29:54 AM Z

  Yes, one can "turn off" the HTML in Outlook Express.
Go to 'Preferences', under 'Edit'
  There, under the tab 'Compose', you'll see a box to check
"Reply to messages in the format they were sent". If you remove the check
mark you will reply in plain text even though a person sent the message in
HTML.
 There is another box to check in that same area on the composition of your
messages and there you also have the choice for HTML or plain text.
  In addition, under 'General', in the Preferences there is a checkbox,
"Always show HTML formatting toolbar in message composition window".
  If you keep this on, it will place a small sign that says 'ab' in blue and
red. If a message comes through with HTML formatting, all the elements such
as font, size, italic/bold/underline/etc. will all appear in bold bright
face. This is an indication it's in HTML. Very handy.

Jack Fulton