Re: Why Use Platinum? (was: Kallitype vs. PT/PD)

From: clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 01/26/02-09:26:17 AM Z

Two cents worth:

One thought about the preference for platinum/palladium is that it seems
^slightly^ less fussy in that there are fewer steps in the post development,
wet processing stage, i.e. just a clearing step versus a fixing, possible
toning, and a clearing procedure for kallitype. There also seems to be a
pretty complete consensus on the permanence of pt/pd versus some debate
about the kallitype. I'm speaking from complete ignorance about the
kallitype process, though, and depending on what I've read here and other
places about the process. I don't think anybody on this list would be doing
anything at all if time and complication were key factors in choosing a
process to work within. Any thoughts?

Clay