Re: LiPd / NaPd for the idle or curious

From: clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 01/28/02-10:35:56 AM Z

Jeffrey et al:

Believe me, I know that this is way short of any sort of universal truth. I
was just curious about the different metal salts and how they react and look
under my lab conditions (69 degrees, 45 % RH, platine paper that was dried
with no heat under a fan to ambient humidity). The linearity I referred to
was simply my observation that the LiPd seemed to plot as a straighter line
than the NaPd. Nothing profoundly different though. It also seemed to be
about 1/3-1/2 a stop faster. As far as coating technique goes, I used a
glass rod so I was sure there would be no contamination and a generous
amount of sensitizer and metal. I've never believed in trying to save 4
drops of solution and ending up with a weak print. The color differences
were subtle at best on the single sheet of paper I used for a test. Just for
grins, I made a few prints with the LiPd for comparison, and the color
difference is more noticeable in actual prints.

Best,

Clay