Re: Paper again.

From: clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 01/29/02-09:35:21 PM Z

----------

> clay and kerik,
>
>Tell me about the one ply on both the Rising and the Strathmore? OOps, I
>think you said you had no experience with Strathmore 500. (clay) I think i
>would like to hear that I'll get the 'very same' results with the 1 ply. I
>really like these two papers thus far. I really enjoyed the fine grain, the
>deep demax, and the ease of application on both. The warm tone was very
>inviting and I like the cooler tone of the Strathmore.

Yep, no experience with Strathmore. But I love disaster stories. I hope
Kerik will share!
My experience with the one and two ply Rising is that they look and print
identically or close to it, only the two ply has the occasional
de-lamination problem. I have to throw the one ply in the drymount press to
get it nice and flat after drying, though. Small problem. Pile of books will
work too.

>Then another question: and I don't think I've heard you address it....does
>the OA help with ousting the spots in platine? In an earlier email (clay)
>you said that platine didn't need it but that it didn't hurt. I don't know
>whether you had actually tried OA on platine. ( I actually copied your
>email and took it to the lab with me....for support) :)

I don't think the OxA helps with the spots, but I personally think that my
Platine images are a bit warmer when I use the OxA precoat. I'm doing it
routinely now on all the Platine I use. It's very easy and has no downside
that I can see.

>Okay....do you work for Lenox!!! ;) I'm joking. I'm going to get some!!!
>You have spoken well of it and mentioned it often.........then Carl is
>lifting it up too.

Clay