Re: Paper again.

From: Wendy Gollihue (wgolli@flash.net)
Date: 01/29/02-09:17:14 PM Z

 clay and kerik,

Tell me about the one ply on both the Rising and the Strathmore? OOps, I
think you said you had no experience with Strathmore 500. (clay) I think i
would like to hear that I'll get the 'very same' results with the 1 ply. I
really like these two papers thus far. I really enjoyed the fine grain, the
deep demax, and the ease of application on both. The warm tone was very
inviting and I like the cooler tone of the Strathmore.

I still like the arches platine....i don't mean to dismiss it soooo quickly
because of the tonal range seems to be much lonnnnger!!

Then another question: and I don't think I've heard you address it....does
the OA help with ousting the spots in platine? In an earlier email (clay)
you said that platine didn't need it but that it didn't hurt. I don't know
whether you had actually tried OA on platine. ( I actually copied your
email and took it to the lab with me....for support) :)

Okay....do you work for Lenox!!! ;) I'm joking. I'm going to get some!!!
You have spoken well of it and mentioned it often.........then Carl is
lifting it up too.

Kerik, can you tell me more about "gorgeous" with the vellum surface?
...and how was strathmore a disaster for you? would it be the separation
also? Now, I did have a more difficult time reading the image
printing.....i don't use a step wedge. Maybe that's what you mean?

Thanks,

Wendy