Re: commercial announcement

From: Eric S. Theise (mataro@cyberwerks.com)
Date: 01/31/02-11:27:16 AM Z

Barm50@aol.com writes:
> photographer/graphic artist had about fifteen, 5 by 7 prints that looked
> digital but nice that were covered with about a quarter inch layer of wax
> that went smoothly across the top and around all sides of the wooden
> frame...

This may not be quite what you're looking for, and it is also something of
a commercial message, but a great book came out last year on working with wax
as encaustic:

  The Art of Encaustic Painting : Contemporary Expression in the Ancient
  Medium of Pigmented Wax by Joanne Mattera

The focus is on creating and working with pigmented wax, but I think you
might find the discussions of various types of beeswax helpful if you
were to proceed in this direction. Archival properties, melting and
application equipment, and safety are covered. Beautiful book.

Best, Eric