Re: Gum over Kallitype with Pyro negative

From: Katharine Thayer (kthayer@pacifier.com)
Date: 07/02/02-01:45:02 AM Z

Hi Cor,
My interest has been in seeing a straight gum print from a pyro
negative. So far everyone I've been aware of who prints gum from pyro
prints gum over something else, and maybe I haven't seen enough of those
and (huge caution here) I've seen them only in reproduction, but the gum
layers of the ones I've seen don't look like a gum print to me, but like
a layer of colored gum laid down on the previous print. That combined
with my own experiments with digital color table spectral density
negatives and Joe's and others' tests showing differences between the
spectral sensity of platinum and gum have left me wondering about some
things about spectral density and gum, which have never been answered
here to my satisfaction. Don't have time to elaborate further at the
moment, but just to say I'd still like to see a straight gum print from
a pyro negative. Thanks,
Katharine