Re: Large format conf. ABQ

From: Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 07/08/02-04:48:28 PM Z

Sorry to not have followed up on this but with the LF conference and
Platypus among only a couple of events -- I've been busy.

Trust me -- these gums are breathtaking and are unlike anything I've ever
seen. It seems like a consensus among those who have seen them.

Stuart and Stan Klimek, and Kerik Kouklis have been feeding off of each
other technically by sharing their knowledge. Stan brought some stunning
pure gums to Platypus and showed them. Kerik who showed some subtle gum
overs as well -- oohs and aahs all over his as well. Kerik Kouklis, Stan
Klimek and Stuart Melvin are all doing ground breaking work and have raised
the bar by more than a few meters.

The crowd at Platypus was pretty sophisticated and their reaction to the
three workers in gum was in line with what has been said here by those who
have seen some of them in real life..

We even had one man, Kuo Chung Huang, fly in from Tokyo to attend. Kuo is a
doctoral candidate in Art at Nihon University doing his dissertation on
some aspects of platinum printing. His English is not too good and my
Mandarin is non existent so I am not quite sure of what the dissertation is
on in any detail. Clearly Asia is on the rise in alt!

And no -- they do not look like Cibes.

--Dick Sullivan