Re: Large format conf. ABQ now platypus

From: Richard Sullivan (richsul@earthlink.net)
Date: 07/09/02-09:49:56 AM Z

At 09:14 PM 7/8/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>I attended my first platypus and saw the gum prints in question. Stunning is
>only one superlative that comes to mind. Stuart, Stan and Kerik are
>absolutely on top of their form.
>
>I wrote this reply to the thread mostly to put in a plug for Platypus. I'm
>sure Richard doesn't want to toot his own horn, but it was quite an
>interesting and useful event. The atmosphere was friendly, inviting and
>informal, and everyone from beginner to master was encouraged to show their
>work. The work displayed ranged from albumen to carbon to platinum to pure
>gum and gumovers. Tips and horror stories were traded in between bites of
>chili and sips of beer. I would encourage anyone interested in seeing some
>fine alt-world prints to attend. I'm certainly going to make it a yearly
>habit.
>
>Clay

Well maybe make a bi-yearly as it alternates now with APIS. Doing both an
APIS and a Platypus in the same year would make me crazy.

The key is networking and both events provide that in different formats:
Platypus is informal and APIS is semi-formal. Lists like this one and mine
are very useful but nothing beats one-on-one and actually seeing the prints.

--Dick Sullivan