RE: Powerful UV point source/ Ozone

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 07/15/02-10:43:17 PM Z

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Ken Watson wrote:

> I am not saying ozone is healthy, it kills biologic's, but we all work with
> stuff that is a lot more toxic I suspect. Just do not stay in a confined
> space with the stuff. The same applies for numerous things...even water.

Ken, I really appreciate the heads up, as it were -- I was going to
confine myself in a small space with water, ie, take a shower... it's hot
as hades in NYC tonight. But now I won't. I'll add that my old metal
halide NuArc was also in a confined space & I have a pretty good smell
detector -- & speaking seriously now, I never noticed any ozone-ish
effect, and therefore declare there was none.

(Speaking of seriously, why is ALL my spam about sex and mortgages. Isn't
there anything else in life?)

However, about the 50 thousand blacklight bulbs to equal one metal halide
bulb -- you're forgetting the dimension of time. My BL bulbs expose a gum
in 1 min, a cyano in 3 minutes. Aren't the halides slower?

Judy