RE: Powerful UV point source/ Ozone

From: Ken Watson (watsok@frii.com)
Date: 07/15/02-07:33:18 AM Z

While ozone is produced high up in the atmosphere by the sun and UV, a puny
lamp ( kilo watt range ) may produce some negligible amount. High voltage
is usually associated with ozone production and ,as stated below,
electrical arcing.

Which means , maybe, you monitor produces some as well. Unless it is a LCD
display. If you are down wind of a lightning strike and smell something
fishy or swampy you are smelling naturally generated ozone. Ever hear a
high voltage line kind of crackle when you are close to them? I would bet
Ozone is being produced. They even use ozone producing filters in home
ventilation but try and capture the ozone and dust just down stream of the
generated ozone next to you forced air heater or air conditioner. If you
are having dust problems this system works really good at grabbling very
small particles.
 Have a ionizer in your home?, yep Ozone.

I am not saying ozone is healthy, it kills biologic's, but we all work with
stuff that is a lot more toxic I suspect. Just do not stay in a confined
space with the stuff. The same applies for numerous things...even water.