good processing of T Max

From: Shannon Stoney (shannonstoney@earthlink.net)
Date: 07/17/02-10:41:03 PM Z

Richard wrote:

> T-Max RS developer will also produce higher Dmax than D-76 and is
> probably easier to find than either DK-50 or D-19. Its also a low fog
> developer, useful for push processing. It also tends to produce straighter
> characteristic curves than D-76. I should have mentioned it before.

I have been thinking of switching to T Max actually, but when I used it in
its 35mm form, I had a lot of trouble processing it so that it wasn't grainy
or overdeveloped. What is the secret to good processing of T Max? I have
read that it is "sensitive to inaccuracies in development times." I wonder
what that means. Also, apparently it has an anti-halation layer that's
harder to remove than that of other films. I fix in the tube rather than in
a tray, but I suppose I could put a screen in the tube so that the red dye
would get removed during fixing.

--shannon