Re: good processing of T Max

From: Eric Nelson (emanmb@yahoo.com)
Date: 07/18/02-08:44:25 AM Z

With T-max film, I don't think sharpness really is
such a big issue when the grain can become more
apparent.

Microdol is somewhat looked down on since it is not so
sharp, yet it gives really good, smooth grain at the
expense of a stop of speed. In my tests, Microdol
doesn't work well in Jobo tubes w/roll film esp. 35mm
so inversion or deep tanks are best.

The best of both worlds is PMK for Tmax in my opinion.

For running sheets, Tmax RS dev. is good since it is
replentishable at the 1:4 dilution.
Xtol is replentishable as well, gives longer
development times than Tmax dev. for more control and
better grain than Tmax....close to Microdol results.
I only use D-76 for non-t-grain emulsions.
Eric Nelson
Chicago

--- Shannon Stoney <shannonstoney@earthlink.net>