Avoiding gelatine

graeme.lyall@ntlworld.com
Date: 07/18/02-09:22:10 AM Z

I prefer not to use gelatine. As a vegetarian I wouldn't eat it and as a photographer I would like to find alternatives, not always possible of course.

So far I have only worked with cyanotypes (plus a few early experiments with silver nitrate). So I was wondering if anyone has experiences of using arrowroot or other ways of sizing or coating paper which have been successful?

Graeme Lyall