Re: Avoiding gelatine

mak@teleport.com
Date: 07/18/02-11:00:30 AM Z

I am not a vegetarian (heading for Ruth Chris tonight forgive me) but I am
pretty sure that most photographic gelatin comes from slaughterhouses. That
said vegan friends obtain plant-derivved gelatin for alt photo processes from
natural foods stores (Peoples Coop in Portland Oregon sells vegan gelcaps that
they dissolve)

vegan gel caps seem much like ones derivved from dinner...and they should
serve as an acceptable, if not ideal, way to suspend photographic emultions

I'm pretty sure that the modern gelatin in photographic use today does not

use animal substances. Maybe someone else on this list that's better

informed can tell us.