Re: Avoiding gelatine

From: Richard Knoppow (dickburk@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 07/18/02-03:15:20 PM Z

At 12:54 PM 07/18/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>I'm pretty sure that the modern gelatin in photographic use today does not
>use animal substances. Maybe someone else on this list that's better
>informed can tell us.

  Its the same old stuff, gotten from animal hides and bones. Some modern
films use a mixture of Gelatin and synthetic polymers. I don't think any
emulsion is yet made completely of synthetic polymer.
  Natural gelatin has some properties which are very hard to duplicate.

----
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com