Re: Hardened Gum reversible?

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 07/19/02-02:44:26 PM Z

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002, Breukel, C (HKG) wrote:
> I seem to recall (I have no acces to my papers and books right now),
> that to clear the highlights, when finished printing your final (?) gum
> layer, one can clear your print in sodium bisulphite. Or was this
> intended to clear (if present) possible dichromate stain?

various sulfites & -ates will clear a dichromate stain, & maybe could also
soften top layer for removal. But they're likely to make you cough (or I
find them so). Dichromate stain is anyway rare, unless you're
over-exposing, underdeveloping or over dosing on dichromate. There's some
thought that mean water increases dichromate stain, but my tests on that
remain incomplete.

J.