Re: developing E-6 Ektachrome

From: Jack Fulton (jfulton@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: 07/20/02-06:40:03 PM Z

IMO you should only use Kodak E6 chemistry. Check w/JOBO re their opinions
and times and solution amounts.
1st development times will increase ISO if you extend development and vice
versa if you reduce dev. time.
If, upon processing and drying, your image is off in color or contrast,
color correction cannot be made but you could aid contrast by adding more
developer concentrate to your mixed solution so be sure to initially mix
only a small amount and keep the rest in concentrated form.

I'd buy the gallon mix in one box. If you wish to develop more after finding
good success, purchase another two 1st dev, color dev pre-bleach and final
rinse (always mix w/distilled water). The rev bath, bleach and fix will
continue to work for the additional two gallons.

You ought to give Kodak a buzz and tell them your situation. The 'old'
number was 242/242.2424 x 60 but there is a new number for color now.
However, by dialing the old number they'll give you the new one and transfer
you.

Best
Jack Fulton