RE: Inkjet Negatives for Van Dyke

From: Larry Roohr (lrryr@attbi.com)
Date: 07/20/02-10:55:53 PM Z

To All,

I think Nick was referring to third party quad tone inks in particular, 4 or
6 shades of gray, no color ink. Up till now these inks have absolutely
given superior b&w inkjet prints than color inks and so, one would expect
better negatives as well. The piezo inks dry fast enough to work, but need
an overcoat spray to stay put.

That said, as I posted earlier, I'm getting the best negatives yet (by far)
on a C80 with Epson's pigment inks, that do dry and stay on the pictorico
film, and require a very mild photoshop curve to straighten out the response
(Very, very good). Hopefully the new 2200 printer will follow suit.

Larry