Re: Inkjet Negatives for Van Dyke

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 07/20/02-09:40:55 PM Z

Victor,

The curve is going to change with the substrate and the inks used. You could
try the curve from Dan Burkholder, which I believe is for an Epson 2000p and
Pictorico film.

My experience is that the Pictorico film base seems to block more UV than the
Stouffer's step tablet. Also, with pigment inks I get a maximum density of
about 2.05. This compares to a maximum density with an imagesetter negative
of about 3.0+

I'm waiting on my transmissive/reflective densitometer to arrive and then I
will be able to finalize my own curve.

Mark Nelson